Friday, August 27, 2010

Ribbon Onesie

So, after seeing pictures of my craft room and the insane amount of stuff I have, it should not surprise anyone that I go in there and end up cleaning/organizing/looking through stuff more than I actually craft. I have so many projects I want to do that I must of started 4 today and moved on for one reason or another. Finally I settled on this....it was not the intended project but it is something that I have been wanting to try. For my first attempt I am quite happy!



The bow is on a pin so it can be placed where ever you want and removed before washing!


This is a Gerber 3-6 month which is WAY too small for my Scarlett so I will eventually sell it as a sample item on Etsy. I fully plan on making Scarlett and Savannah both ribbon T's for Halloween, Christmas, and whenever!

I do have to wonder if this can be washed as well as dried and how the ribbon that is attached to the shirt will come out. If any other crafters have done this and know I would love for you to share! I will probably run this one through the wash and see how it comes out.

5 comments:

  1. Claire has two of these that I have made: one with the bow on a pin and one with a permanent bow. (And I've tested the layette gowns that I do with the ribbon/bow too.)
    For the detached bow, I wash in cold water and dry that one with my regular laundry with no problems. That said, my suggestion would be to wash in cold and hang/lay flat to dry.
    For the shirt with the attached bow, I would follow those instructions as well: machine wash cold and lay flat to dry. I must confess that I've put it in the dryer too and it's fine, but I wouldn't recommend it.
    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! I figured you would have some expertise in this. This wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be, it actually was quite easy even though it was on one of the itty bitty gerber oneise....those have become my practice project onesies! I am going to make Savannah one or 2 or 10! lol! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila, I was just admiring the IMPRESSIVE amount of work you've done on the Planet Applique Yahoo group!! WOW!! I'm looking forward to seeing more...I've added you to my Reader...and now off to FB! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fairly simple to make. I made a 7 of them to send out to a friend in Hawaii and she sold them all, which was fantastic. The problem now is that I have to make more of them. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting and the sweet words! Be very aware that once you start making ruffled pants...they are ADDICTING! :) So much fun to make and fairly easy! I am lucky enough to have a serger so that cuts out all of the hemming...YAY! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete