Monday, March 28, 2011

Little bit of organization!

My very first post on this blog was a peek into my craft room. It was a disaster! Well since then, my husband has been helping me slowly get a bit more organized! It's slow going, but the little bit of progress we have made has helped so much! Here is a look at what we have done.

Yesterday my husband put up this shelf above my embroidery machine! It's amazing how much more room I have on the table by getting the random stuff up on the shelf! I wanted 2 shelves but Target only had one so I'll have to wait to get my second, or venture to a different Target, but I want one over my sewing machine too!
Now that I am looking at this pic, I should of moved the bolts in front so you could see the nice neat line of fabrics behind it, but oh well, you get the idea! I saw on a blog that someone went to a comic book store and bought magazine boards. They are 100 for about $10 and they are thicker and sturdier than card stock. I am using those to help me wrap my fabric into uniform bolts. It's soooo much easier to find what I am looking for and see all the fabric when it's neatly organized!
For my flannel we are using large pieces of foam board and cutting it into 3 pieces and wrapping the flannel on those. It's working out very nicely!
More flannel bolts.
And more mini fabric bolts.
Ok, so I said it was slow going and here is the proof! I still have A LOT to wrap, but once it's all done it's going to be awesome! We are also using the foam board to wrap the minky around.
That's all, just wanted to share that with you! =)

2 comments:

  1. I use the comic book boards too. They are perfect for wrapping fabrics. I need to post pictures of my craft room soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have thousands of comic book boards in our home, but they are actually being used with comic books. :) NEVER thought about wrapping fabric around them!!
    Your fabric stash looks amazing!! I now consider mine a pathetic excuse for a fabric stash. :)

    ReplyDelete