Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Something Fun

My daughter's preschool class has a class pet named Max. Max is a stuffed monkey from build a bear that takes his turn going home with one student a week, and last week was Savannah's turn with Max! Early in the week I decided it would be fun to make Max a shirt with his name on it. Unfortunately, I let time slip away and didn't get the shirt actually finished until after Max already went back, so I didn't get a pic of Max actually wearing the shirt, but luckily Mr. Curious George was a good substitute! Max is actually a bit bigger than George so it will fit a bit better on him!

Savannah with Max

Green Faded Glory onesie. I cut the bottom off and appliqued MAX on the front using my All Star fabrics!

I surged the bottom where I cut it off, then ironed it under and did a straight stitch!

George modeling the shirt!

This was just a fun project I did in between orders! It was, as my daughter would say, easy peasy, lemon squeezy!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! And good for you for taking time for fun projects!!
    I did a similar thing when my daughter was in preschool and brought home Topper the horse. It can be good advertising as Max visits various homes. ;)

    ReplyDelete