Monday, November 1, 2010

TuTu Tote

I really love when customers have special requests! I usually don't have enough hours in the day to be creative and make new things, let alone just do my "regular" projects. I was asked to make a TuTu Tote for a little girl for her birthday and I was instantly excited about the project! I thought it out very carefully for a day or so before I began and all of my careful planning paid off and the bag came together without a hitch! I think it turned out really cute and I look forward to making more!


I ended up using the tulle on a roll and OH MY GOSH it was so much easier to use than using the by the yard stuff! Plus it stores so much easier! Here is the bag with the tulle sewn into place. At this point I could also just add a ribbon around it and be done, but the customer wanted a fabric overlay....


So I broke out my new ruffler foot for my new(er) brother sewing machine and ruffled a strip of fabric. I will attempt to ruffle it a bit more for my next one and make the fabric about an inch longer. (This was my first one so there are always kinks to work out!)


Then I added a ribbon and bow and TADA!! It's done!

The possibilities and color combinations are endless! I think I am going to make a few Huskers totes for my craft fair in Dec!

The font is Andrea from 8CAAP

No comments:

Post a Comment